Just over a month after Doom 3 finally emerged to consign FPS fans' souls to the flames, id Software has released the first official patch for the game.
Weighing in at just 17Mb, the version 1.3 retail patch replaces the v1.05 beta patch released not so long ago and although it includes a couple of single player fixes, like the infamous Influence crash in the EPD labs, there's also a few significant tweaks and balances for Doom 3 multiplayer too.
Be aware rocket jump fans, some of your cheeky exploits in Edge 2 will now no longer work. Full details are in the accompanying documentation, but some of the more notable features we've picked out for you below.
Anyway, that should set you up nicely for some freshly re-balanced exploits. Let the Doom 3 carnage commence.
Doom 3 Patch
Doom 3 version 1.3 retail patch
- Fixed desktop crash when loading a QuickSave made when during influence in
EPD Lab in Alphalabs 1
- Fixed game freezing if in-game MP menu is opened just after a change map vote
Passes and just before the map changes.
- Fixed duplicate player names shutting down a server during map changes
- Fixed issue when switching between flashlight and previous weapon after using
- Bumped damage up on rocket jumping in multiplayer
- Decreased damage from chaingun to 25 in multiplayer
- Exploding barrels to full damage to attacker in multiplayer
- Increased height for falling damage in multiplayer
- Fixed projectile launched from wrong position when player exits teleporter
while holding fire
- Fixed rocket launcher dealing no splash damage to player at certain angle in
- Fixed light from flashlight remaining after player is killed.
- Fixed frags going negative when over 64. Maxfrags now at 100.
- Fixed -1/1 ammo count while dropping weapon in multiplayer
- Fixed no rockets in view-model rocket launcher when first picked up
- Exploding barrels now give credit for kills to the player who damaged the
barrel in multiplayer
- Fixed chaingun flickering on/off when spectating another player in Tourney
- Fixed no "You lose" message being played for loser in Last Man Standing.
- Added join messages when players join an MP game.
- Fixed players stuck spectating when no spectators vote is passed.
- Added chat and connection interrupted icons
- Fixed Frag Chamber doors killing player if they're moving towards them just
as they open (kill trigger was turned off too late in the script).
- Fixed problem with players logging on and being stuck in spectator mode, yet
not really spectating
- Fixed Incorrect scoring information appears on scoreboard
- Fixed backpack secret exploit on d3dm5 "Lights Out"
- Elevators now return to their home position even if someone is standing on
- Fixed weapon sounds always playing the first sound in a sound shader instead
of randomly picking one.
- Fixed bullet ricochet sound when punching glass.