PC fanboys itching for the next bout of Rainbow Six action in latest instalment Lockdown may have to hold on a few months after the console version's touchdown in September (Lockdown on PC is due early 2006), but at least there's some new/exclusive content to patch up those waiting wounds.
Lockdown's storyline, that of Team Rainbow tackling the threat of bio-terrorism and on the way itself becoming a target remains identical across all platform versions but Ubisoft's whacked over a handy bullet-point list (see below) revealing the gameplay/feature differences in the PC incarnation. And we've got a few new Lockdown PC screenshots too which you can spy on this page.
Anyway, here's what's unique to Rainbow Six: Lockdown on PC:
- Enhanced Tactical Experience
- Deadlier enemies with improved tactics require quick and intense decision making. But move too fast and you'll find the enemy waiting for you...
- Hostages that must be navigated through the level and accounted for during firefights. Keep them safe and get them out alive!
- New Multiplayer Features
- "Class Style" gameplay for multiplayer, allowing more specialization
- Multiplayer reward system
- New "Free-for-all" game type
- The return of 3 classic maps - 747, Mint, and Bunkers
- Re-imagined missions, more challenging than ever before
- Re-vamped Rivalry Mode: Rainbow vs. Mercenaries, battling over three different objective types simultaneously. No two Rivalry matches play out exactly the same way!
- New Equipment
- Enemy use of Lock Fusers in single-player gameplay presents new challenges to the player
- Laser Trip Mines, Virus grenades, and C4 explosives add new options to the multiplayer arsenal
- New Weapons and Attachments
- 20 new weapons - 42 overall
- 6 brand new weapons never used before in a Rainbow game
- 14 fan favorites from franchise history
- Customize your weapon to suit your style of play: Silencers, Scopes, red-dot sights, hi-cap magazines.