Following on from yesterday's Tabula Rasa gameplay trailer, we now have 11 new screenshots from Richard Garriott's forthcoming MMORPG for you to pass mince pies over.
Flinging players into the future, the game combines traditional MMORPG features such as character development and guilds - or clans in this case - with shooty action. The plot deals with a cosmic war between an alien race known as Bane and the galaxy's remaining free sentient beings - the Allied Free Sentients.
Accompanying the new screens is a bullet-point list highlighting Tabula Rasa's key feature's, which we thought you might like to read so we've posted it in full below...
- Richard Garriott's Signature Creative Vision: Features a rich storyline with culminating experiences, immersive environments and a persistent plot.
- "Logos" Language & Powers: Alien language and powers allow players to harness the very fabric of the cosmos for heals, attacks and more!
- Ethical Parables: Players encounter ethical decisions while attempting to complete goals or missions that affect the people and environments around them.
- Brings Role-playing to the Battlefield: Fast-paced action involving skill, stealth and strategy combines with character growth and development (RPG) on a massive multiplayer scale (MMO).
- Battlefield Control Points: Entrenched positions on a given battlefield can change hands over the course of a battle and affect spawn points and missions of both enemy and friendly characters.
- Character Cloning System: Explore different character paths without having to start from scratch.
- Crafting & Economy: Players will craft powerful items to use in battle or trade with other players
- Deep Exploration: Explore massive planets, each with multiple continents and regions therein.
- Squads and Clans: Players will form social bonds by joining or creating non-permanent groups called squads, and persisting groups called clans.
- Player-vs-Player: Clans can declare war on each other, enabling voluntary PvP gameplay.
- Integrated Voice Chat: Fully integrated in-game communication technology allows players to chat with their team mates using their own voices in real time. No extra software installation required.