Latest Ford racer scheduled for PlayStation 2, PSP, Wii and PC.
Moving away from tracks and urban streets, Off Road will chart rugged, tough terrain for the first time in the series.
To help conquer the great outdoors, players will be able to drive vehicles from the Land Rover brand, which apparently has appeal outside of gruff, surly farmers and snotty countryside dwellers. You learn something new everyday.
Among the features included are:
- 18 officially licensed Land Rover and Ford off road vehicles.
- 24 detailed tracks encouraging high speed racing.
- 3 off road environments, Desert, Water and Ice.
- Real time, on-the-go damage repair.
- Multi-player racing via split screen (PS2 - 2 players ) and Wi-Fi (PSP - six players).
Off Road is scheduled for release for the PlayStation 2, PSP and PC on March 21. The Wii version will follow in Q2.