You're going to need a kick-ass PC boosted by a flux capacitor to get a decent frame rate in Assassin's Creed on PC if spec requirements published on the 'net are accurate.
"In order to play this game properly, your PC MUST meet or exceed these minimum requirements", a post on Ubisoft Solution Centre, before dropping the almighty bombshell.
And make sure you're sitting down before you read this. Having a stiff drink to hand probably wouldn't go amiss eitherho)...
- Supported OS: Windows XP / Vista (only)
- Processor: Dual core processor 2.6 GHz Intel Pentium D or AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ (Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ or better recommended)
- RAM: 2 GB (3 GB recommended)
- Video Card: 256 MB DirectX 10.0-compliant video card or DirectX 9.0-compliant card with Shader Model 3.0 or higher (512 MB video card recommended) (see supported list)*
- Sound Card: DirectX 9.0 or 10.0 compliant sound card (5.1 sound card recommended)
- DirectX Version: DirectX 10.0 libraries (included on disc)
- DVD-ROM: DVD-ROM dual-layer drive
- Hard Drive Space: 12 GB
- Peripherals Supported: Keyboard, mouse, optional controller (Xbox 360 Controller for Windows recommended)
*Supported Video Cards at Time of Release:
ATI RADEON X1300-1950 / HD 2000 / 3000 series
NVIDIA GeForce 6600-6800 / 7 / 8 / 9 series
To put this into some kind of perspective, here are the official minimum spec requirements for Crysis that were published:
Minimum for both XP and Vista:
- CPU - 2.8GHz for XP, 3.2GHz for Vista
- RAM - 1.0GB for XP, 1.5GB for Vista
- GPU - 256MB, DirectX 9.0c compliant. Supported chipsets: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT or greater; ATI Radeon 9800 Pro (Radeon X800 Pro for Vista) or greater. Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported. Integrated chipsets are not supported. Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required
- Sound Card - DirectX 9.0c compatible
- HDD - 12GB
Even our ninja office games PC is sweating at those specs.