Crytek has opened up on the next Crysis update and unleashed a lengthy reveal on what will be in patch 1.2.
Explaining that the patch is virtually finished but has to go through thorough testing prior to release - so there's no confirmed release date yet - the developer kicks off by unveiling a grenade indicator icon (see the screenshot on the left).
"With patch 1.1 we have activated the client visibility of a hexagon icon for both team mates and enemies that displays where a grenade has been thrown at. With patch 1.2 we are improving this feature and made it more readable for everyone", it explains.
"We got rid of the hexagon and replaced it with a nifty colored triangle. Additionally the type of the grenade has been added as text as well. Friendly grenades show up marked as blue on the HUD and enemy grenades as red marked".
It then goes on to discuss multiplayer, and that team colours have been added to kill/death messages, before leaping into a massive list of bug fixes and tweaks, which you can read below:
Optimizations and Stability
- Fixed potential server exploit that could cause servers to crash.
- Added mouse wheel scrolling support for server browser.
- Fixed an issue where in unarmed mode, the character's arms will suddenly reappear and disappear when picking up and dropping an object.
- Added new effects for vehicle shattering after being frozen.
- C4 will now stick to doors correctly.
- Added new grenade indicator icon. (explained in detail further above)
- Adjusted explosion radius of grenade launcher to be more efficient vs. players.
- Added check for players riding on vehicles while not seated to prevent them being killed.
- Tweaked damage for players hit by vehicles at lower speeds.
- Adjusted wall collision damage for civilian car.
- Improved AI machinegun handling (both stationary and mounted machineguns on vehicles).
- Fixed an issue with "Escort Prophet out of sphere" objective failure causing reloading issues.
- Added team colors to kill/death messages (explained in detail further above).
- Fixed some game states not properly resetting after game restart.
- Fixed issue where VOIP doesn't work properly on non-dedicated servers.
- Added auto team balance. Players will now be moved from full teams to the opposing side when dead if the numbers are unbalanced. (Can be disabled/enabled via cvar)
That's it, you can stop reading now.