The Red Alert 3 system requirements have been revealed to be refreshingly low-spec for such a high profile game.
According to Strategy Informer, EA unveiled the details in the run-up to the open beta test so players could check if they could run it.
Given that this information relates to a beta test, it shouldn't be taken as the absolute truth. For the curious though, here's what we've got:
- System Requirements:
- OS - Windows XP / Vista (32-Bit)
- Processor - XP: 2.0 GHz (Intel Pentium 4; AMD Athlon 2000+; Multiple Cores) / Vista: 2.2 GHz (Intel Pentium 4/AMD Athlon 2200+/Multiple Cores)
- Memory - XP/Vista: 1 GB
- Hard Drive - Media: 6.0 GB / EA Link: 12.0 GB
- DVD Drive - 8 SPEED
- Video Card - NVIDIA GeForce 6800, ATI Radeon X1800 or higher end DirectX 9.0c compatible gfx card
- Sound Card - DirectX 9.0c compatible (Creative Sound Blaster Audigy cards require a Intel P4 2.6 GHz or similar under Vista, Yamaha Xwave-512 not supported)
- Online Multiplayer - 512 Kbps or faster; 2-8 Players
- Input - Keyboard, Mouse
- Optional - VoIP Headset