to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG
News

17 percent of GTA IV buyers underage

Gamers between seven and 16 snapping up copies at retail

Research published by Nielson Games claims that around 17 percent of gamers who've bought the 18-rated GTA IV were underage, with parents pegged as the biggest facilitators.

Despite the ratings systems in place, 61 percent of the younger gamers aged between seven and 16 managed to buy the game for themselves. Of the remaining 39 percent, the vast majority got the game from their parents.

The Neilson report (via GameDaily) blames parents' lack of knowledge for the large number of mature games that still find their way into younger gamers' collections, but also notes that some parents (like ours) simply approve of their young'uns playing such games.

We've been playing FPS games since we had milk teeth, and haven't killed anyone in real life.

Yet...

Comments