UPDATE: Activision Blizzard has sent out the official release dating Wrath of the Lich King for November 13.
Two versions will be available on the day; a standard edition and a special Collector's Edition with the following goodies:
- The Art of World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King, a 208-page book featuring never-before-seen images from the game.
- An exclusive in-game pet: Frosty, the baby frost wyrm.
- A behind-the-scenes DVD containing over an hour of developer interviews, the Wrath of the Lich King intro cinematic with director's commentary, and more.
- The official soundtrack CD, containing 21 epic tracks from the game, along with exclusive bonus tracks.
- A mouse pad featuring a map of the newly opened continent of Northrend.
- Two World of Warcraft Trading Card Game March of the Legion starter decks, along with two exclusive cards available only in the Collector's Edition.
Blizzard Co-founder Mike Morhaime said of the deal: "We're looking forward to launching Wrath of the Lich King and finally giving World of Warcraft players a chance to take on Arthas and his minions. Until then, we'll continue to refine and playtest the expansion content to make sure it provides a highly polished and entertaining experience."
The second World of Warcraft expansion Wrath of the Lich King seems to have been accidentally dated, via official Blizzard online ads that have appeared overnight.
There's no official word from Blizzard yet, but unless these massive community sites have started running their own fake adverts, we can assume that the date is real. We've left a message with Blizzard, anyway.
Lich King, by the way, adds the Northrend continent, Death Knight hero class, achievements, new character customisation options and bumps the level cap up to 80.
Read PC Gamer's detailed trip to Northrend here for more. We're not going to go back, we're not going to go back...