The latest Pokémon instalment on Nintendo DS, Pokémon Platinum has evaporated from Japanese shop shelves, selling nearly a million copies in just two days.
According to figures from Media Create (via NeoGAF) the latest Pocket Monster entry shifted 963,000 copies in the week ending September 14 - easily outselling every other game in the top ten combined.
Platinum is a spin-off of the other DS Pokémons Diamond and Pearl with new critters and an expanded story. The Japanese love it.
In case you're bothered, here's this week's Japanese top ten list in full:
02. Quiz Magic Academy DS (Konami, DS) 119,000 / NEW
03. Infinite Undiscovery (Square Enix, 360) 90,000 / NEW
04. One Piece Unlimited Cruise: Episode 1 - Nami ni Yureru Hihou (Namco Bandai, Wii) 61,000 / NEW
05. Rhythm Heaven Gold (Nintendo, DS) 56,000 / 723,000
06. Wii Fit (Nintendo, Wii) 25,000 / 2,635,000
07. D.Gray-man: Sousha no Shikaku (Konami, PS2) 15,000 NEW
08. Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo, Wii) 14,000 / 1,762,000
09. Daigasso! Band Brothers DX (Nintendo, DS) 14,000 / 340,000
10. J-League Winning Eleven 2008 Club Championship (Konami, PS2) 13,000 / 148,000