Square Enix has dated its cross-platform multiplayer adventure game for next spring on Wii and DS.
John Yamamoto, president and chief executive officer of Square Enix, said, "Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time represents a real technical achievement in games development and cross-platform play.
"The Crystal Chronicles universe is the perfect setting for all Nintendo owners to enjoy a magical adventure full of fun and vibrant moments with their friends."
Here's loads of official info on the title:
A triumphant return from a monster-infested forest marks the completion of the 16-year-old hero's coming-of-age ceremony. However, the hero's joy is short-lived as a young village girl is found to be afflicted by a mysterious illness known as "crystal sickness."
Determined to obtain the cure, the hero steps out of the secluded village for the first time, only to discover a world in which crystals are merely artifacts of the past and no longer exist...
- Wii and Nintendo DS players can share their adventure together through Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection and Wireless
- 2-4 player multi-play through Nintendo Wi-Fi & Wireless Communication mode
- Over Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection: 4 players max (any mixture of Wii and Nintendo DS hardware)
- Wireless Communication: 4 players max (either up to 4 players on Nintendo DS hardware, or alternatively 1 Wii hosting up to three Nintendo DS players)
- Players can register their own phrases on top of many fixed phrases available for easy communication in multiplayer
- Over 300 different items and costume combinations add to the fun. Changes to costume/equipment are directly visible on your character in the game
- Trade with friends using Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection functions
- Play in four different languages - English, French, German and Spanish. The multiplayer mode can be played seamlessly even when each player selects a different language