Ubisoft will introduce a hardcore mode for all versions of Far Cry 2 in its next wave of patches.
The new mode, which will be available in every multiplayer game type, has been cooked up in response to community requests for a more realistic experience.
Here's what it will mean:
- A new damage model will be applied with increased damage for all weapons
- All weapons have been rebalanced on normal mode, and on hardcore mode
- Enemy names will disappear after the spawning invincibility period is over (a shield is displayed above a player's head for a few second to show that he is invincible)
- A new option will allow you to tweak spawning time (but not spawning rate).
- A new search option will be available in multiplayer to allow you to find games that are playing on hardcore mode
So when's it coming out? "No dates yet," says Ubisoft on the game's forums. "When we have a solid one we'll be sure to let you know."