Resident Evil 5 has made a strong debut in Japan, selling almost 400,000 units during the week ended March 8.
The vast majority of the game's sales were for the PS3 version (check out our review here), which topped the chart, while the 360 edition just missed out on second place to new DS title Seventh Dragon.
Last week's bestseller, Yakuza 3, slipped to fifth.
Here's the full top ten (via Chartget):
- [PS3] Resident Evil 5 (Capcom) 319,000 / NEW
- [NDS] Seventh Dragon (SEGA) 80,000 / NEW
-  Resident Evil 5 (Capcom) 79,000 / NEW
- [PSP] Shin Sangoku Musou MULTI RAID (KOEI) 63,000 / 283,000
- [PS3] Yakuza 3 (SEGA) 53,000 / 425,000
- [NDS] Mario & Luigi RPG 3 (Nintendo) 44,000 / 351,000
- [NDS] Aibou DS (Tecmo) 43,000 / NEW
- [PS2] Super Robot Taisen Z Special Disc (Namco Bandai) 28,000 / NEW
- [PSP] Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G (PSP the Best) (Capcom) 17,000 / 467,000
- [NDS] Tennis no Oji-Sama: Doubles no Oji-Sama - Girls, Be Gracious! (Konami) 14,000 / NEW