Microsoft has detailed Halo Wars' first DLC pack, called Strategic Options.
The add-on pack, which is said to be arriving on Xbox Live "in the coming weeks" adds three new multiplayer game modes including...
- Keepaway Mode, the Halo Wars adaptation of Capture the Flag. Teams will battle it out to capture a free-roaming Forerunner Sentinel to score points before the other team. Capture three sentinels to claim victory.
- Tug of War Mode, all about having a stronger army than the opponent. Defeating enemies is essential, but success is determined by a combination of the army, buildings and resources left standing in the end.
- Reinforcement Mode, all active battle units are provided in successive waves. Players must adapt their tactics and use the ever-changing set of units to outwit and outlast the enemy.
The Strategic Options pack also adds four new Achievements worth a total of 100 points:
- One and Done (30 points): Score the winning point in a game of Keepaway against Legendary A.I.'s
- Pull Hard, Pull Deep (20 points): Win and never trail in a Tug of War game
- Freak on a Streak (20 points): Gain at least 15 population from a single wave in a Reinforcement game
- Living Loving Bug (30 points): Obtain a Scarab during a Reinforcement game
And that's it. Release date, pricing info and the first screenshots are said to be arriving shortly. Read our Halo Wars review here.