These are the first shots of Madballs in...Babo:Invasion for XBLA, an "arena based 3D shooter" where players are able to design their own combat maps and go online with up to 16 players. It looks a bit mental.
Babo:Invasion is to feature 4 player online co-op along and for the first time on Xbox Live Arcade title, the ability to incorporate your Avatar into multiplayer combat via the 'Avatar Attack' mode.
It's due out this summer. Here's the feature list:
- Single Player - Hours of repeatable gameplay through 10 epic levels
- 2-4 Player Online Co-op - challenge individual campaign levels with your friends or play the whole campaign in 'Enduro' mode
- 16 Player Multiplayer - 21 maps to match all game sizes
- 'Invasion' Mode - the signature mode of the game, players take turns placing map tiles to create a unique multiplayer map prior to each match
- 'Avatar Attack' - Multiplayer combat with your Xbox LIVE Avatar
- Classes - 10 character classes (each with 2 special abilities) over two warring factions, with each faction having 5 unique weapons each with two distinct firing modes
- Madballs Characters - Oculus Orbus and Horn Head from the infamous 80's toy craze as in-game characters
- 5 Archetypes - Assault, Heavy, Runner, Flyer, Support
- Deployables - active (rocket turrets) or passive (healing towers) can be placed in Invasion mode
- Unlocks and Secrets - 50 unlocks and 50 Secrets to find during campaign gameplay
- Action - emphasis on fast-paced, visceral action that is easy to pick and play, yet offers a real strategic challenge for hardcore gamers