PS3 owners won't be seeing any Fallout 3 DLC whatsoever until September, Bethesda's production director Ashley Cheng has confirmed.
There are four download packs (Broken Steel, Operation: Anchorage, The Pitt, Point Lookout) available now on 360, with a fifth, Mothership Zeta, expected later this month. But PS3 gamers, who would have been expecting the first of the downloads any time now, will have to wait a lot longer.
Watch tons of other great game videos in HD over on our video channel!
"We're excited and eager to bring Fallout 3 DLC to PSN. Unfortunately, the content is going to be releasing later than originally expected," admitted Cheng.
He continued: "We are knee deep in testing at the moment, and we're hoping to have the first DLC out by the end of September. That long? Keep in mind that not only do we need to test each DLC on PS3, we also need to test each DLC when used in conjunction with each of the other DLC, as well as all of them together, along with the entire original game."
He does, however, go on to confirm that, due to popular demand, the Broken Steel update will be the first to go live, and says the team will make an effort to ensure "the wait between DLC is as short as possible".
Here's a list of the packs in the order Cheng says they'll come to PSN:
- Broken Steel - Join the ranks of the Brotherhood of Steel and rid the Capital Wasteland of the Enclave remnants once and for all. Continues the adventure past the main quest and raises the game's level cap to 30.
- Operation: Anchorage - Enter a military simulation and fight in one of the greatest battles of the Fallout universe - the liberation of Anchorage, Alaska from its Chinese Communist invaders.
- The Pitt - Journey to the industrial raider town called The Pitt, located in the remains of Pittsburgh and choose sides in the battle between the slaves and the slavers.
- Point Lookout - Explore a massive new swampland area filled with new quests and content.
- Mothership Zeta - The aliens have returned, and they're pissed. Experience an alien abduction first hand and find out if you're tough enough to survive.
Find out more about the Mothership Zeta pack in this exclusive interview over on OXM.