EA's latest addition to its Need For Speed franchise, NFS: Shift, debuted atop the UK all formats chart for the week ended September 19.
Sony's TV marketing for the title no doubt helped the PS3 version come out on top, accounting for 52 per cent of total sales, according to GfK Chart-Track. The Xbox 360 version generated 44 per cent of the game's sales, and the PC and PSP editions the remainder.
Watch tons of other game videos in HD over on our video channel!
Activision's Guitar Hero 5, Codemasters' Colin McRae: Dirt 2 and Eidos' Batman: Arkham Asylum each shifted down one position, to second, third and fourth respectively, while Wii Sports Resort moved up a spot to fifth.
The only other new entry in the top ten was Bethesda's Wet, which entered the chart at number six.
EA's The Beatles: Rock Band dropped three places to seventh, while Activision's Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare was a non-mover at number eight.
Nintendo Wii Fit and EA's Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 rounded off the top ten.
01. Need For Speed: Shift (EA)
02. Guitar Hero 5 (Activision)
03. Colin McRae: Dirt 2 (Codemasters)
04. Batman: Arkham Asylum (Eidos)
05. Wii Sport Resort (Nintendo)
06. Wet (Bethesda)
07. The Beatles: Rock Band (EA)
08. Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (Activision)
09. Wii Fit (Nintendo)
10. Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 (EA)
Article supplied by Edge-Online