Activision's Modern Warfare 2 has recorded "by far the biggest ever launch of any game" in the UK, selling 1.78m units in five days and generating £67.4 million, according to GfK Chart-Track.
The game grossed almost twice as much as the entire entertainment software market during the week ended November 14, with the Xbox 360 version alone selling over one million units, according to the sales monitor.
Elsewhere on the chart, Wii Sports Resort climbed one place to second and FIFA 10 dropped one to third. The previous week's bestseller, Wii Fit Plus, fell three spots to fourth, while Forza Motorsport 3 rounded off the top five.
Watch tons of other great game videos in HD over on our video channel!
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare re-entered the top 40 at 19 on the back of the launch of a Wii version of the game.
01. Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Activision)
02. Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo)
03. FIFA 10 (EA)
04. Wii Fit Plus (Nintendo)
05. Forza Motorsport 3 (Microsoft)
06. Mario & Sonic At The Olympic Winter Games (Sega)
07. Lego Batman: The Videogame (Warner Bros.)
08. Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo)
09. Pure (Disney)
10. Grand Theft Auto: Episodes From Liberty City (Take-Two)