Sony has released a new patch for Socom: Confrontation adding "a massive amount of new content" to the PS3-exclusive shooter.
It also confirmed that the Cold Front DLC pack will be released on December 17, so you'll have plenty of new content to grind through over the Christmas period.
Here's the official lowdown on what's in patch 1.60:
New Special Forces - The Dutch KCT and Italian COMSUBIN Special Forces teams are featured in this update. Each Force is provided with two new heads, a new voice and light, medium and heavy variants of their own torsos and legs (each with a unique camouflage pattern).
New Weapons - Two new primary weapons will be immediately accessible to players who select to play as the new Special Forces. The Dutch KCT will have access to the 417 assault rifle, while the Italian COMSUBIN Special Forces will receive the SPAS 15 shotgun. Additionally, four new weapons will be made available to players regardless of assigned Special Force. New weapons include the 9mm Sub Machine Gun, M82A1A, AK-74 and SR-25.
Weapon Updates - A number of weapon updates and adjustments to existing weapons have been included in the patch. Below is an overview of the updates and adjustments that have been made:
- M87ELR is given .50 cal rounds to balance it against the Mercenaries' M82A1A.
- Shotguns are balanced to do less damage at long range but more damage at close range.
- Grenade launchers and rocket launchers have less delay in between shots.
- Front End weapons values are updated to reflect the new Cold Front DLC Pack weapons.
In addition to the new characters and weapons, the team has also added 100% Random Medleys to the patch update.
Looking forward to Cold Front? Here's what's coming in that:
- New Russian / Eastern European Area of Operation
- Snow setting complete with snow effects, new snow gear and camo for both the Special Forces and Mercenaries, and thermal vision
- New ARMS RUN gameplay mode
- 5 New Maps: Uprising, Entrapment, Blizzard, Night Stalker, Vigilance
- All new mercenaries characters with new looks and new VO.
- New Special Forces squad, the Russian Spetsnaz
- Gun turrets emplacements
- New music
- All new character specialization/progression system
- Allows players to pick a primary and secondary specialization and unlock new equipment exclusive to those specializations
- New weapons, including: 3 new weapons, 6 enhanced versions of weapons available as part of the new weapons specialization system, 2 new weapon attachments (including the thermal scope), 5 enhanced versions of weapon attachments also available as part of the new weapons specialization system.
- 2 new grenade launcher ammo types (flash and smoke)
- New Trophies