The PS3 version of Square Enix's Nier claimed the top spot on the Japanese all formats chart during the week ended April 25.
It sold 60,000 copies in its debut week, more than doubling sales of New Super Mario Bros. Wii, which dropped one place to second.
The Xbox 360 edition of Nier didn't fare as well, entering at number 11 with under 12,000 sales.
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Game of the Year Edition for PS3 debuted in ninth place.
01. Nier Replicant (PS3) - 60,000 / NEW
02. New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Wii) - 29,000 / 3,715,000
03. Tokyo Mono Harashi: Karasu no Mori Gakuen Kitan (PSP) - 22,000 / NEW
04. Tomodachi Collection (DS) - 20,000 / 3,131,000
05. Ys: Felghana no Chikai (PSP) - 16,000 / NEW
06. Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2010 (PSP) - 16,000 / 118,000
07. Wii Fit Plus (Wii) - 15,000 / 1,848,000
08. Mario Kart Wii (Wii) - 14,000 / 2,711,000
09. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Game of the Year Edition (PS3) - 12,000 / NEW
10. Pokemon Ranger: Hikari no Kiseki (DS) - 12,000 / 409,000