BioWare's released a patch for the Xbox 360 version of Mass Effect 2.
The patch mostly introduces bug fixes, but BioWare says it's also 'optimized scanning for minerals', which by 'optimized' we assume it means 'made fun'.
The change list reads like this:
- Scanning for minerals has been optimized
- Fixed an issue with marking all entries as viewed in the Journal
- Fixed an issue relating to text and the menu screen
- Fixed an issue relating to players starting a new game and loading a save
- Fixed multiple issues when loading a save containing DLC when DLC isn't present
- Fixed an issue with ammo flashing when it can't be picked up
- Fixed an issue with crosshairs
- Fixed an issue with Grunt's Fortification power
- Fixed an issue with enemies and cover
- Fixed an issue where players could receive additional talent points
- Fixed an issue where squad members would overwrite ammo powers the player had assigned them
Currently the patch is only for the 360, but a patch for the PC version is currently "in the works".