Red Dead Redemption stormed the UK chart during the week ended May 22, knocking 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa down to second place after three weeks at the top.
The Xbox 360 standard and limited editions of Red Dead took 65 per cent of total sales and the PS3 versions the remaining 35 per cent.
Three other new releases made the top ten, with Split/Second: Velocity entering in fifth place, Prince Of Persia: The Forgotten Sands in ninth, and ModNation Racers in tenth.
01. Red Dead Redemption (Take-Two)
02. 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (EA)
03. Just Dance (Ubisoft)
04. Wii Fit Plus (Nintendo)
05. Split/Second: Velocity (Disney)
06. Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (EA)
07. Lost Planet 2 (Capcom)
08. Alan Wake (Microsoft)
09. Prince Of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (Ubisoft)
10. ModNation Racers (Sony)