New information on the class system for Star Wars: The Old Republic has emerged from Gamescom.
It was all presented in a nice handy list at the German show, which details the weapons each class will use as well as two different types of character for each class.
Here it is:
- Imperial Agent - Operative (uses blaster rifle or energy blade, stealth, burst ranged damage) & Sniper (sniper rifle, dps - counterpart of Gunslinger)
- Sith Inquisitor - Sorcerer (force damage, single bladed lightsaber) & Assassin (double bladed lightsaber, stealth, burst damage)
- Bounty Hunter - Powertech & Mercenary
- Jedi Consular - Shadow (double-bladed lightsaber) & Wizard (healing / single lightsaber)
- Trooper - Commando (heavy armor, tank) & Vanguard (dps)
There's also been some new information on the Jedi Knight advanced classes:
- Sentinel: Dual Light Sabers; Saber Fighting Specialist; Melee
- Guardian: Single Light Saber/ Heavy Armor; Leadership/ Party Buffs; Tank
Details of the various species present in Star Wars: The Old Republic were released a couple of weeks ago so now you have a pretty good idea of how the game will be populated.