Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days shot to the top of the UK all formats chart during the week ended August 21.
In doing so, IO Interactive's critically confused action sequel became Square Enix's third UK number one of the year after Just Cause and Final Fantasy XIII.
Toy Story and Red Dead Redemption both fell one spot, to second and third respectively, while Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4 and Just Dance rounded off the top five.
Chart-Track also said that Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 has now become the UK's top selling game ever.
01. Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days (Square Enix)
02. Toy Story 3 (Disney)
03. Red Dead Redemption (Rockstar)
04. Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4 (Warner)
05. Just Dance (Ubisoft)
06. Art Academy (Headstrong Games)
07. Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Nintendo) Dragon Quest IX (Square Enix)
08. Prince Of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (Ubisoft)
09. Dance On Broadway (Ubisoft)
10. Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (EA)