Rumours regarding the premature cancellation of Star Wars: Force Unleashed 3 have been cast away by new comments from TFU2 project lead Julio Torres.
Torres says there's still plenty of timeframe left between TFU2 and Star Wars: Episode IV for the dev team to churn out another game to round up the series.
"Well I can't tell you how the game [TFU2] ends because that would ruin it for you, but I can tell you that the timeframe for The Force Unleashed and TFU II is about a year, and there's still, between that and Episode IV, a couple of years for us to play with," he told SciFiNow magazine.
"So that means no matter how the game ends for Starkiller and Vader for TFU II, we still have some time to figure out how we solidify the canon so that everything makes sense for IV," he added, before admitting that the plotline tie-ups would likely be done in a third game.
"Obviously, if that were to be exposed, it would most likely be a TFU III. I'm just afraid I can't share what that could be yet because we're still figuring it out. I cautioned that...the key is that, that time is still left. If we had finished TFU II and we were up against the timeframe, we would probably have been done," said Torres.
According to a report last month, "sources" at LucasArts claimed Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 3 was already in development before president Paul Meegan put an end to it.
A playable demo for TFU2 will be released on PSN and XBLA on October 12. The full game will be out on Wii, PS3, 360 and PC on October 26.