The PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption has entered the Japanese software chart in fourth place with first week sales of 70,599 units.
The news comes shortly after developer Rockstar San Diego said it's working on an all new project that "will blow gamers away".
Red Dead's Japanese performance is certainly decent, but it falls way short of the weekly leader's total. Pokemon Black & White shifted 230,000 copies to head the rankings for a fourth straight week and lifetime sales are now just shy of four million.
Elsewhere, Macross F Itsuwari no Utahime and Kingdom Hearts Re: Coded debuted in third and fourth, respectively. The former is a hybrid disc that combines a PS3 Macross game with the full Macross F movie, IGN reports.
Japanese chart - week ended October 10):
1. Pokemon Black & White (Pokemon, DS): 231,638 (3,992,855)
2. Macross F Itsuwari no Utahime (Namco Bandai, PS3): 152,699
3. Kingdom Hearts Re: Coded (Square Enix, DS): 95,505
4. Red Dead Redemption (Take Two, PS3): 70,599
5. Class of Heroes 3 (Acquire, PSP): 30,572
6. Wii Party (Nintendo, Wii): 26,259 (1,099,428)
7. Red Dead Redemption (Take Two, X360): 25,673
8. F1 2010 (Code Masters, PS3): 25,273
9. Dead Rising 2 (Capcom, PS3): 24,416 (104,111)
10. K-On! After School Live (Sega, PSP): 21,454 (192,303)