Gearbox has detailed a free upcoming title update for its fiendishly addictive FPS RPG hybrid Borderlands.
According to a post on the official Gearbox Forum, development of the update is complete and the team are waiting for the green light from the appropriate people.
"We're *almost* there! We expect that last light to turn green within a couple of weeks, possibly sooner. Once this happens, the Title Update will be made immediately available for all platforms." said a Gearbox marketing rep.
Here's what the update will include.
- Level cap increase for all players of 8 levels. That means that all Borderlands players will now be able to achieve a new maximum level of 58.
- Owners of The Secret Armory of General Knoxx can achieve a record setting increase to a maximum level of 69.
- End game players that have completed playthrough 2 will see enemies scale to the new levels up to the new level cap. That means that if you've completed everything, you can play through the game again and again at a challenging level in order to find better and better loot.
- Item drops (with the exception of COM Decks) will also scale with higher level enemies to the new level cap. That means that this Title Update features the highest level weapons to date!
- Other fixes, including DLC4 Achievement/Trophy glitches that have affected some users and will be corrected to properly award players for obtaining these achievements no matter which order they were completed in.
Gearbox is currently finishing up development of Duke Nukem Forever - read CVG's recent impressions here.