A new Dreamcast game has been revealed by German-based developer Redspot Games.
It's a confusing move since the console isn't in production anymore and hasn't been for almost ten years.
The game itself is called Sturmwind, an arcade shoot 'em up set to arrive in the middle of next year.
Watch this video of Redspot chief Max Scharl revealing the game (although it's all in German) and have a look at the list of features below:
- 16 Levels
- 3 selectable difficulty levels
- configurable controls
- adjustable screen position
- different weapons selectable
- More than 20 large bossenemies
- Hundreds of different enemies
- FMV intro sequence
- Hybrid 2d/3d game engine
- Resolution 640x480
- PAL50, PAL60, NTSC and VGA (with Adapter) compatible
- Region Free
- Works with any MIL-CD compatible Dreamcast
- CDDA Sound
- Supports: Joypad, Arcade Stick (Analog/Digital), VMU, Rumble Pack (configurable)
- Internet WEBcode Hiscore Tables
- Award Trophy System with unlockable content
Sonic creator Yuji Naka told CVG in October that he was hoping to work on Dreamcast 2. We bet Redspot would be interested.