EA's released a new PC patch for Need for Speed Hot Pursuit featuring performance improvements, bug fixes and three new cars.
According to Filefront, where you can download it, patch v1.020 addresses the following issues:
- Flickering graphics after Alt-Tabbing out of the game and back.
- Controller configurations sometimes failing to save correctly.
- Steering response dead-zone when playing with steering wheel controllers.
- Player car engine audio volume too low.
- Some issues with CPU performance.
- Rare crash issue when entering the Career map screen
The three free cars added are the Bentley Continental Supersports Convertible, the Lamborghini Murciélago LP 650-4 Roadster and the Dodge Viper SRT10 Convertible Final Edition.
Once the patch is installed you'll only be able to play online against other players who have installed it, but you will still get Autolog updates from all other players.
EA has said that, due to "limited resources", it won't be delivering downloadable content for the PC version of NFS: Hot Pursuit.