LA Noire was the top selling game in the US in June, according to data released last night by the NPD Group.
Rockstar's title came in ahead of new releases Duke Nukem Forever and Infamous 2. Sucker Punch's PS3 exclusive shifted 369,000 units, enough to make it No.1 for the month on a single-format basis.
Lego Pirates of the Caribbean took No.4 on the chart, ahead of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D. The 3DS title moved over 283,000 units, making it the second bestselling game on an individual platform basis behind Infamous 2.
Cowen & Company analyst Doug Creutz said in a research note that a number of key new games saw disappointing sales. Red Faction: Armageddon sold just shy of 96,000 copies, less than Alice: Madness Returns' 115,000 sales but a whole lot more than Shadows of the Damned's 24,000 sales.
01. LA Noire (360, PS3)
02. Duke Nukem Forever (360, PS3, PC)
03. Infamous 2 (PS3)
04. Lego Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game (Wii, 360, NDS, PS3, 3DS, PSP, PC)
05. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (3DS)
06. Call of Duty: Black Ops (360, PS3, Wii, NDS, PC)
07. NBA 2K11 (360, PS3, Wii, PS2, PSP, PC)
08. Mortal Kombat (PS3, 360)
09. Cars 2 (NDS, Wii, 360, PS3, PC)
10. Just Dance 2 (Wii)
On the hardware front, Xbox 360 was the outstanding performer in June, comfortably outpacing rival platforms from Sony and Nintendo.