The electrical signals used to connect superhero-loving DC Universe Online players will be beamed through all-new 'MegaServers' from tomorrow.
SOE has confirmed that the migration to the improved servers will begin Monday, the introduction of which will "allows you to live in a world with more players and it will greatly expand the number of players available in Gotham and Metropolis, as well as the combat arenas, alerts and raid zones so you can get to some of the most fun areas faster," says SOE.
Breaking down the improvements more, SOE says:
* You will see much larger populations!
* You will have a much larger pool of people to join in Alerts, Duos, Raids, Legends PvP, etc.
* It will be much easier to play with friends who were previously on other servers (plus lots of new friends to make).
* You will be able to switch between PvP and PvE style play by using the phase shifters in the Hall of Doom and JLA Watchtower.
* There will be a larger number of items in the Broker.
Here's the schedule for server migration:
EU PC 8/8/2011 8:00AM PT/4:00PM CET
US PC 8/10/2011 8:00AM PT/4:00PM CET
US PS3 8/11/2011 8:00AM PT/4:00PM CET
EU PS3 8/15/2011 8:00AM PT/4:00PM CET
And here's a list of the current servers and, in brackets, the MegaServer they will be migrated to:
Bloodstorm (EU PC)
In Brightest Day (EU PC)
Looking For Trouble (EU PC)
Reality Lost (EU PC)
Absolute Power (EU PS3)
Crossfire (EU PS3)
For All Seasons (EU PS3)
Justice For All (EU PS3)
Brave New World (US PC)
Cry For Blood (US PC)
Darkness Falls (US PC)
Death and Glory (US PC)
Last Laugh (US PC)
New Frontier (US PC)
Public Enemies (US PC)
Virtue and Vice (US PC)
Zero Hour (US PC)
Birthright (US PS3)
Blood Will Run (US PS3)
Countdown (US PS3)
Crisis (US PS3)
Justice (US PS3)
No Man's Land (US PS3)
Redemption (US PS3)
Relentless (US PS3)
The Killing Joke (US PS3)