Street Fighter man Yoshinori Ono has confirmed a release date for Street Fighter X Tekken and revealed a Special Edition for US.
The crossover title will be out on March 6 in US and March 9 in EU, Ono confirmed at the New York Comic Con this week (via Capcom Unity).
Ono also confirmed that a Special Edition version will be released in US. This bumper package will include:
- Street Fighter X Tekken game
- Build-It-Yourself Arcade Cabinet Bank (approximately 5"H)
- Exclusive Prequel Comic Book by UDON
- 36 Gems: Includes All Pre-Order Packs Plus An Exclusive Pack
- Pre-Order Bonus: Nine Exclusive Gems Only Available For Pre-Ordering SE
- Total of 45 Gems When You Pre-Order
Those mysterious Gems mentions are a part of a new Gem System mechanic. In Capcom's words: "The Gem System is an all-new customizable power-up system that creates an exciting way for everyone to experience the Street Fighter and Tekken fighting systems. Choose from dozens of Gems that modify characters' abilities and stats. Check out the new trailer that sheds light on this new way to experience fighting games."
Ono also confirmed at the show that a PC version of the game has just began development. That ups the platform count to four, alongside 360, PS3 and Vita versions.