In our Zelda: Skyward Sword review we say Link's latest adventure is "a huge departure for Zelda and a proper arrival for Wii's motion controls" and call it a "rule-breaking, dream-weaving, tech-loving, heart-soaring adventure".
So it seems like while everyone is going nutty for Skyrim, Nintendo has quietly delivered another brilliant entry in its own action RPG series.
But don't just take our word for it, we've gathered up a collection of all the Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword reviews and sutck them all into one list. Let us paint you a picture of awesome...
- Official Nintendo Magazine: 98% - It's not something we say lightly, but the Zelda series really has never been this good.
- Edge: 10/10 - How apt that this ultimate tale of hero-making should see Nintendo's hardware become the console it was always meant to be.
- GamesRadar: 9/10 - A perfectly balanced mix of innovation and classic Zelda gameplay, Skyward Sword truly lives up to the Zelda legacy of excellence and offers the most variety of any Zelda game to date. Its swordplay and puzzles are some of the best in the series, and seeing Link and Zelda's first story chronologically is a treat for longtime fans.
- The Guardian: 5/5 - Revolutionary on at least two counts, with the best motion controls ever seen in a video game and an inspired reinvention and improvement of the Zelda formula.
- Wired: 10/10 - Exceptional visual design and music, reinvented Zelda gameplay, tons of content that doesn't get repetitive.
- IGN: 10/10 - This is the Wii game we've been waiting for. Through all of the mini-games and odd sports collections, many wondered if and when Nintendo would ever find a way to deliver a deeper experience that still fulfilled on Wii's limitless potential. Skyward Sword makes good on that promise.
- Metro: 10/10 - Revolutionary on at least two counts, with the best motion controls ever seen in a video game and an inspired reinvention and improvement of the Zelda formula.
- Nintendo World Report: 10/10 - If you bought a Wii, you owe it to yourself to get this game right away. After all, isn't one-to-one swordplay what made us all excited about the Wii in the first place?
- Joystiq: 4.5/5 - Somewhere within Skyward Sword slumbers the best Zelda game of all time. It is choked by a dozen hours of needless cruft; but it's there, a masterpiece entombed by a misguided ambition to be the lengthiest game in the franchise's history. It's still an incredible game, but it could have been the greatest game ever made, and the moments that keep it from doing so are absolutely going to break your heart.
- Game Informer: 10/10 - hat fact alone makes Skyward Sword a title that every gamer should experience.
- GamePro: 4/5 - A good, well-designed adventure that does much to redeem five years of motion controlled shovelware. When I look back on it, I think I'll mainly remember the combat -- not something I've ever said about a Zelda title
- GiantBomb: 4/5 - For mostly better and only a little bit worse, Skyward Sword is the best Zelda game in years, and makes a strong case for motion controls when done right.
- GamesTM: 9/10 - After twenty-five years and sixteen games, Nintendo celebrates Link's birthday with a breathtaking voyage through Hyrule with The Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword. It's the Zelda the Wii was made for.
- 1UP: B+ - I believe this to be one of the more admirable chapters of the series, even if at times it feels the developers were unsure of which sacred cows to keep and which to sacrifice.
Any of you guys and girls planning on picking this up?