Konami has sent over the first details of an upcoming PES 2012 update for PS3, Xbox 360 and PC.
European PES team leader Jon Murphy said the update will address fan feedback by solving some situations where the game was hanging or freezing, and by introducing certain improvements to the performance of goalkeepers, specifically their ability to stop balls from long-distance shots.
"We've also added the option to search for opponents based on their pass support settings, which will replace Friendly Match or Player Match (depending on version) in Quick Match mode," he said. "The Speed Star skill card will also be adjusted to improve realism."
The upcoming patch will also fix the following:
- Some situations where the game was hanging out or freezing have been solved. Included those on the Online, Become a Legend and Edition modes, and while selecting some Game Plan combinations.
- Issues with one or more players given a red card in a match, but 11 players available after loading formation
- In the myPES application, we have corrected the situation where a draw result is given after win/lose on the penalties
- Occasionally meaningless numbers were appearing when accessing the Community menu from the Community Card list
- Formation data in the Formation settings on the Game Plan screen can only be saved from the P1 controller
- Game data can be saved/loaded for both sides if you exit the Data Management menu while your opponent is saving/loading the game data and then enter the Data Management menu again on the Game Plan screen
Check out what we thought of the game in our PES 2012 review.