A patch fixing various issues in Batman: Arkham City has been released on Steam.
"We have just released a patch for Batman: Arkham City PC that provides fixes [for] a variety of DX 11 issues, as well as fixes for a few other non-DX 11 related issues," the patch notes read.
The patch is not recommended for users running 32-bit versions of Windows 7 or Windows Vista, however.
"Users running Windows 7 32 bit or Windows Vista 32 bit should ONLY use DX 9 settings until a future patch that addresses this specific issue is released. We are actively working to address the remaining issue tied to DX 11 for users running 32 bit versions of Windows Vista or Windows 7."
The full patch notes are as follows:
- Performance / hitching issues have been greatly improved for running in DX 11.
- An issue with players running out of Video Memory or encountering a Rendering Thread Exceptions has been address. This was primarily affecting 32-bit Operating Systems.
- A progression block after defeating Ra's Al Ghul has been fixed. This was issue occurred primarily on lower end computer setups and described as Batman not readying his Reverse Batarang.
- A crash that occurred when scrolling between the Character Bios and Arkham City Stories has been fixed.
- A crash that occurred when selecting "Press Start" immediately when available at the Title Screen has been fixed. The issue was described as crashing/hard locking around the DLC (Downloadable Content) check.
In other Arkham City news, a new costume rumoured to be DLC has been found amongst the game's files.
Forum user JD_Method discovered the hidden skin whilst digging through the game directory and got it running in-game through a file tweak. This skin was not included in the costume pack that released on Xbox Live and PSN yesterday.
The same user also discovered a method of playing as Robin and Nightwing in free-roam around the city, rather than just the challenge maps they are usually locked to.
A slightly choppy video was posted showing Robin roaming the streets of Arkham City and beating down thugs with his staff.