Mario Kart 7 debuted at No.1 on the latest Japanese chart, topping Super Mario 3D Land's opening week sales to record the biggest 3DS launch yet in the country.
Nintendo's racer shifted a massive 423,619 copies in its first four days on sale, although the second highest new entry, Gundam Extreme VS for PS3, wasn't all that far behind with 349,756 sales.
The PS3 version of Assassin's Creed Revelation made its chart bow in fourth place with 39,947 sales, Andriasang reports.
It was a good week for 3DS hardware sales too, which jumped to over 205,000 units, five times the total of its nearest competitor, PS3.
Software top ten (lifetime sales)
- Mario Kart 7 (3DS, Nintendo) 423,619 (New)
- Gundam Extreme VS. (PS3, Namco Bandai) 349,756 (New)
- Super Mario 3D Land (3DS, Nintendo) 73,907 (634,868)
- Assassin's Creed Revelation (PS3, Ubisoft) 39,947 (New)
- Zelda Skyward Sword (Wii, Nintendo) 32,191 (227,169)
- Fortune Street Wii (Wii, Square Enix) 27,640 (New)
- Hoshi no Kirby Wii (Wii, Nintendo) 27,352 (282,917)
- Power Pro Kun Pocket 14 (DS, Konami) 24,512 (New)
- Kamen Rider Climax Heroes Forze (PSP, Namco Bandai) 23,327 (New)
- The King of Fighters XIII (PS3, SNK Playmore) 21,525 (New)
Hardware top ten (previous week)
- 3DS: 205,962 (120,920)
- PS3: 40,668 (34,031)
- PSP: 39,547 (33,151)
- Wii: 31,071 (20,148)
- DSi LL: 2,899 (2,237)
- X360: 1,660 (1,678)
- PS2: 1,500 (1,294)
- DSi: 1,516 (993)
- DS Lite: 21 (35)