The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim climbs to No.1 on the latest UK All Formats Chart thanks to an average price reduction of around £13 compared to the previous week.
It's the first time the RPG has hit the top spot, which had been held by Modern Warfare 3 for the previous four weeks.
The latest Call of Duty slips to No.2, Just Dance 3 is up one place to No.3, while FIFA 12 and Assassin's Creed: Revelations both fall two places, to No.4 and No.5 respectively.
GfK/Chart-Track Top 10 (week ended December 10):
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda)
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Activision)
- Just Dance 3 (Ubisoft)
- FIFA 12 (EA)
- Assassin's Creed Revelations (Ubisoft)
- Battlefield 3 (EA)
- Professor Layton And The Spectre's Call (Nintendo)
- Saints Row: The Third (THQ)
- Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Sony)
- Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo)
Whilst accepting a Game of the Year award at the Spike VGAs at the weekend, Elder Scrolls V (read our Skyrim guide) director Todd Howard said there are multiple 'meaty' DLC releases planned for the RPG.