A list of new apps went live on Xbox 360 today, ranging from the FiOS TV service to YouTube and MSNBC.
There's even a new radio app called iHeartRadio. Here's the thing, all of the apps are only available in certain regions.
To clear up any confusion, Microsoft has released a comprehensive list of the new apps, with details of what they do and where they're available.
And here it is:
- blinkbox (UK): blinkbox gives access to a wide range of movies online. With more than 10,000 movies titles movie fans can watch their favorite films immediately with no additional subscription required.
- iHeartRadio (U.S.): Listen to more than 800 of the nation's most popular live broadcast radio stations from 150 U.S. cities with iHeartRadio.
- MSN Video (Australia, Canada, Germany, Italy, Mexico and UK): MSN brings you the latest breaking news, sports, celebrity gossip and more from around the globe.
- MSNBC.com (U.S.): MSNBC.com bring you the best of NBC News, MSNBC, Fox Sports, Access Hollywood, original programming and more, on-demand and up-to-date 24/7/365.
- MUZU.TV (Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden and UK): MUZU.TV the music video site, offers nearly 80,000 music videos at your command. Brand new releases from the world's biggest artists, great music videos from every decade, up and coming bands and the latest music news and interviews.
- Rogers On Demand (Canada): Rogers On Demand provides select TV shows and movies to everyone for FREE. Rogers customers can also catch up on their favorite premium programming anytime, from anywhere in Canada.
- SBS ON DEMAND (Australia): SBS ON DEMAND is a catch up TV service that lets you watch full episodes, of your favorite SBS television programs.
- TMZ (Canada, U.S.): Your all-access pass to the latest TMZ entertainment stories and breaking news videos everyone is talking about!
- RTVE (Spain): Complete episodes from series, news programs, documentaries and the best Spanish audiovisual content from RTVE.
- Verizon FiOS TV (U.S.): Get Verizon FiOS TV with 26 live channels like MTV, Spike, Food Network, Comedy Central, HBO, CNN and Nickelodeon - with more to come. Plus with Kinect, change channels with your voice.
- YouTube (Available in 24 countries globally**): From your favorite web original video to gaming tips, a universe of compelling content is available through YouTube on Xbox LIVE.
*Xbox LIVE Gold membership and/or additional subscriptions/fees may be required. Kinect functionality available with select Xbox LIVE content and varies by feature and country. For additional details and availability, see http://www.xbox.com/live.
** YouTube available in the following countries: Australia, Brazil, Canada, Czech Republic, France, Germany , Hong Kong, Ireland, India, Italy, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Singapore, Taiwan, United Kingdom, United States, South Africa.
Microsoft sold a whopping 1.7 million Xbox 360 units in the US in November, easily outpacing its hardware rivals.