Sony has detailed a new title update and DLC car pack coming for Gran Turismo 5 players next week.
Those after a few new cars can lob $3.99 Sony's way for Car Pack 2, which includes the 2011 Mini Cooper S, 2010 Volkswagen Golf VI R, 2010 Volkswagen Scirocco R, and the new and improved 2012 Nissan GT-R Black edition R35.
Update 2.02 will also be released as a free update for all players, fixing various bugs and gameplay/menu tweaks. And everyone who updates will get the new Toyota FT-86 car (aka Scion FR-S) added to their garage.
There's also this: "As a special gift anyone who purchased anything from the first batch of DLC will get unlock the Gran Turismo Racing Kart 125 SP and five New Car Refresh cards in the game for free. The refresh cards will take any car back to being 'as good as new' while maintaining any modifications or paint jobs you have given your motors. To take advantage of this offer, you'll need to install the new downloadable update hitting next week."
Here's the update 2.02 changelog:
- Users can now change wheels on Standard cars
- The settings sheets will include a new 'copy' feature
- In GT Auto, players will be able to see how the oil changes, aerodynamic parts, engine overhauls, and racing modifications will affect performance points and engine power, before and after their application
- Free coupons have been added that allow you to wash cars, change oil, overhaul your engine, or refresh the car body in GT Auto (10 coupons will be distributed for free to each of those who have downloaded the 2.02 update)
- Pressing the Square button in the car coupon selection screen of the Car Delivery will now allow you to exchange all car coupons at once, rather than doing one at a time
- In screens where the [Garage] and [Driver List] buttons are displayed in the A/B Spec events, Special Events, and Seasonal Events, pressing the Square button will now show the [Garage], and pressing the Triangle button will bring up the drivers list
- In My Lounge, the room settings will feature a new 'Max. number of participants' setting
- In the event selection screen of seasonal events, there are now ☆(star) marks that show the number of Gold Trophies attained in each event
- Improved racing sound effects
- Elements of the steering assist controls (used when using certain controllers on Racing Karts) have been tweaked