Sony Computer Entertainment America has announced a May 8 release date for PS3 exclusive Starhawk.
The news arrives alongside today's launch of the Starhawk public beta, which is available to PlayStation Plus subscribers first, but will open up to other PSN members in stages over the next month.
Check out the new video below for a look at the beta's offerings, which include:
- Classic Arcade Flight-Mode: Private Beta players asked for it and we're happy to include the classic arcade flight from Warhawk.
- Host Migration: When the host leaves the game, the hosting duties transfer to another player and gameplay will continue, provided the option is checked.
- Language Support: European and Japanese languages are included. Korea, China, Latin America and Brazil will be in English...but these will include the appropriate languages for the full game.
- Skills: Players will be able to collect unique Skills to use in gameplay based on their performance. Playstation Network Friend Integration: Friends status, messages, and friend requests.
- Bug Fixes: Lots and lots of bugs have been addressed.