Weekly hardware sales dropped across the board in Japan during the week ended January 15, but it's PS Vita that continues to make the headlines.
Sales of Sony's new portable fell 57 percent week-over-week, dipping below 20,000 units for the first time as it placed fourth in the hardware rankings. Since launch, weekly Vita sales have come in at 324,859 units, 72,479, 42,648, 42,915 and now 18,361.
3DS comfortably remained the top system, shifting more units than all the other platforms combined despite a massive dip of its own.
On the software front, new PSP release Super Robot Taisen OG Saga Masou Shinki II debuted at No.1 with 81,896 sales, knocking Mario Kart 7 to No.2 after four weeks at the top. Full Media Create sales figures follow, courtesy of Andriasang.
Weekly hardware sales (previous week)
- 3DS: 100,668 (240,819)
- PS3: 30,332 (74,459)
- PSP: 22,538 (71,033)
- PSV: 18,361 (42,915)
- Wii: 14,179 (49,525)
- DSi LL: 1,515 (3,971)
- X360: 1,519 (2,738)
- DSi: 1,206 (3,565)
- PS2: 766 (1,323)
Weekly software sales (life to date)
- Super Robot Taise OG Saga Masou Kishin II (PSP, Namco Bandai) 81,996 (New)
- Mario Kart 7 (3DS, Nintendo) 52,266 (1,369,623)
- Monster Hunter 3G (3DS, Capcom) 44,644 (1,128,498)
- Super Mario 3D Land (3DS, Nintendo) 40,154 (1,239,440)
- Inazuma Eleven Go (3DS, Level-5) 20,777 (346,135)
- Musou Orochi 2 (PS3, Tecmo Koei) 20,409 (336,925)
- Spirit Camera (3DS, Nintendo) 16,351 (New)
- Final Fantasy XIII-2 (PS3, Square Enix) 14,407 (753,968)
- Ace Combat 3D Cross Rumble (3DS, Namco Bandai) 12,819 (New)
- Just Dance Wii (Wii, Nintendo) 12,370 (503,048)