UFC Undisputed 3 debuts at No.1 on the UK all formats chart, something its predecessor failed to manage despite shifting more copies during its launch week back in 2010.
It's the first UK chart-topper for troubled publisher THQ since the release of Homefront last March, although sales monitor Chart-Track said the original title in the series outperformed the latest game's launch week by more than three to one.
Last week's best-seller, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, slips to No.12 after a 63 per cent drop in weekly sales.
GfK/Chart-Track Top 10 (week ended January 21):
- UFC Undisputed 3 (THQ)
- FIFA 12 (EA)
- Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Activision)
- Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games (Sega)
- Battlefield 3 (EA)
- Final Fantasy XIII-2 (Square Enix)
- Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure (Activision)
- The Darkness 2 (2K Games)
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda)
- Just Dance 3 (Ubisoft)
Leisure software charts compiled by Chart Track, (C)2012 UKIE Ltd