New releases took the top six places on the Japanese software chart during the week ended February 26.
PSP RPG Tales Of The Heroes: Twin Brave came in at No.1 with 85,309 sales, slightly ahead of Harvest Moon's 3DS debut.
Naruto Ultimate Storm Generation, I Have Few Friends Portable, Asura's Wrath and Nendoroid Generation also made the top ten in their first week on sale, Andriasang reports.
On the hardware front, 3DS remained at the summit, outselling all rival systems combined despite a notable weekly drop of its own.
Weekly software sales (life to date)
- Tales of the Heroes Twin Brave (PSP, Namco Bandai) 85,309
- Harvest Moon Hajimari no Daichi (3DS, Marvelous) 81,131
- Naruto Ultimate Storm Generation (PS3, Namco Bandai) 65,758
- I Have Few Friends Portable (PSP, Namco Bandai) 56,969
- Asura's Wrath (PS3, Capcom) 30,308
- Nendoroid Generation (PSP, Namco Bandai) 21,991
- Super Mario 3D Land (3DS, Nintendo) 21,400 (1,370,176)
- Mario Kart 7 (3DS, Nintendo) 20,744 (1,527,266)
- Monster Hunter 3G (3DS, Capcom) 17,841 (1,267,675)
- Idolmaster G4U Pack Vol.5 (PS3, Namco Bandai) 17,038
Weekly hardware sales (previous week)
- 3DS: 76,322 (94,667)
- PS3: 27,111 (21,993)
- PSP: 15,928 (14,824)
- PSV: 11,186 (12,309)
- Wii: 7,878 (7,874)
- X360: 1,508 (983)
- PS2: 1,269 (1,433)
- DSi LL: 977 (901)
- DSi: 662 (656)