Infinity Ward has added a number of Free For All gunplay modes to the Modern Warfare 3 community playlists on Xbox 360 and PS3.
Available to all players, the Free For All gunplay playlist cycles four different modes, including a new variation created by the community called All Or Nothing (video below). Here are the details:
Two Gun Game variations
- One variation uses an 18 gun progression including 2 sniper rifles to separate the men from the boys.
- The second variation cycles 6 guns 3 times (no sniper rifles) so learn the 6 gun progression and pace yourself through the 3 waves
One In The Chamber using the P99 handgun
- Players begin with one bullet and earn a bullet for every kill (with gun or tactical knife)
- Elimination occurs after 3 deaths but the last 3 players will be visible on the mini-map to keep the action rolling
- Eliminated players can chase remaining players in spectator mode and back a winner of their choosing by selecting them
- Selecting a player that you're spectating gives you 150 XP for each of their subsequent kills so you can still stay in the game after you're eliminated
All Or Nothing
- All players spawn with the USP .45 handgun with no ammo and a Throwing Knife
- The loadout includes the Hardline perk and Specialist point streak with Scavenger in the first slot
- As you get kills, you pick up scavenger packs and get ammo
- Once you're killed you spawn back with no ammo and start again
- It's like One in the Chamber meets Infected with plenty of hilarity mixed in
Infinity Ward confirmed that players won't lose access to other community playlists like Infected and Drop Zone to make room for the new ones.
Former Infinity Ward creative strategist Robert Bowling said shortly before his departure from Activision that he'd like to see older Call of Duty maps released to the community for free.