Prototype 2 has debuted atop the UK all formats chart for the week ended April 28.
The Xbox 360 version of Activision's open world action gore-fest accounted for 63 percent of sales and PS3 the remainder, which is very similar split to the original 62 percent on Xbox 360, 36 percent on PS3 and two percent on PC, according to Chart-Track.
FIFA Street and FIFA 12 are non-movers in second and third respectively, while Mass Effect 3 and Kinect Star Wars round off the top five.
Last week's bestseller, The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, slips to No.6.
GfK/Chart-Track Top 10 (week ended April 28):
- Prototype 2 (Activision)
- FIFA Street (EA)
- FIFA 12 (EA)
- Mass Effect 3 (EA)
- Kinect Star Wars (Microsoft)
- The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings (Namco Bandai)
- Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 (EA)
- Battlefield 3 (EA)
- Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games (Sega)
- Saints Row: The Third (THQ)
Leisure software charts compiled by Chart Track, (C)2012 UKIE Ltd