- A monument is erected in Kenya to mark the end of the war. Only five Spartan IIs remain alive, including the missing John 117.
- The UNSC starship Infinity is completed, the first ship to use technology derived from Covenant and Forerunner sources.
- The first Spartan IVs enter service aboard the UNSC Infinity. One Spartan II is equipped with Mjolnir Mk VII armour.
- Humanity and the Covenant begin a long period of post-war recovery (Halo: Glasslands).
2556: LOST IN SPACE
- Cortana files a report aboard the adrift Forward Unto Dawn concerning the shared history of the Forerunners and Humanity. She is showing signs of madness. (Halo Legends: Origins)
- A duplicate of 343 Guilty Spark recounts Chakas' story from the Forerunner/Flood war. He later seizes control of an Office of Naval Intelligence ship, puts the crew to sleep, and sets course for the Librarian's last known location, claiming she is still alive (Halo: Primordium).
The first of 343's post-war novels follows Spartan creator Dr Catherine Halsey inside the Forerunner planet of Onyx, and the team tasked with bringing her to trial for the crimes committed in pursuit of the Spartan II program. 343 have confirmed events in Glasslands will lead into Halo 4, and it's likely the casual references to the hyper-advanced UNSC Infinity and Spartan IV program are very deliberate seeds planted for the Reclaimer trilogybeginning in Halo 4. Glasslands ends with Halsey inONI custody, the galaxy at peace, and with humanity adopting Covenant and Forerunner technology into their existing tech.
BEYOND 2556: HALO 4
- Master Chief John 117's Mjolnir VI armour is upgraded with a jet pack and other modifications, as seen in the 2011 Rebirth trailer.
- The Forward Unto Dawn drifts into orbit with a Forerunner Shield World and is consumed by the planet's outer sphere.
- An ancient threat rises.