While Slant Six's third person shooter Resi spin-off was generally mauled by critics, it didn't stop the PS3 version selling over a quarter of a million copies in just four days in Capcom's home country. The Xbox 360 edition also charted at No.8 with 16,285 units sold.
Wii exclusive Mario Party 9 was the second highest new entry, moving 152,883 copies, Andriasang reports.
On the hardware front, Vita sales were up for the first time in a long time, from 8,206 to 12,299 units. The uplift was no doubt linked to the release of Surge Concerto: Ciel Nosurge, which debuted at No.4 with 33,324 sales. We hadn't heard of it before, but it's apparently a real-time life simulation game from the developer best known for the Atelier series of role-playing titles, in which you watch/stalk/interact with a girl called Ion. There's a trailer below if you're interested.
Elsewhere, 3DS sold 74,282 units to remain top of the hardware pile, while PSP shifted 22,457 and PS3 21,114.
Weekly software sales (life to date)
- Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City (Capcom, PS3) - 252,525
- Mario Party 9 (Nintendo, Wii) - 152,883
- Fire Emblem Awakening (Nintendo, 3DS) - 60,313 (302,913)
- Surge Concerto Ciel Nosurge (Gust, Vita) - 33,324
- Conception Please Give Birth To My Children (Spike Chunsoft, PSP) - 29,846
- Steins;Gate Hiyoku Renri No Darling (5pb, PSP) - 24,849
- Idolmaster Anime & G4U! Pack Vol.7 (Namco Bandai, PS3) - 17,314
- Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City (Capcom, Xbox 360) - 16,285
- Super Mario 3D Land (Nintendo, 3DS) 15,696 (1,534,999)
- Dynasty Warriors VS (Tecmo Koei, 3DS) 15,578
Weekly hardware sales (previous week)
- 3DS: 74,282 (84,760)
- PSP: 22,457 (11,779)
- PS3: 21,114 (16,390)
- PSV: 12,299 (8,206)
- Wii: 9,200 (7,025)
- PS2: 1,395 (1,172)
- X360: 1,327 (1,282)
- DSi LL: 895 (760)
- DSi: 717 (516)