Activision has revealed Modern Warfare 3's Content Collection 2, which includes two free maps designed for a new game mode called Face Off offering 1 vs. 1 and 2 vs. 2 close combat gameplay.
Available for Xbox 360 Elite subscribers next Tuesday, May 15, and for non-Elite members a week later, Content Collection 2 will feature four Face Off maps in total, plus new multiplayer maps and Spec Ops missions.
On May 15 two of the Face Off maps will be launched to the public for free on Xbox Live. To be clear, Elite isn't required to download them, just Modern Warfare 3 itself.
Content Collection 2 will bundle all of the newly announced content with multiplayer maps Santuary and Foundation, which were first made available to 360 Elite members last month.
Details of all the content are below, followed by a video and plenty of screenshots.
- Grab a friend and experience an all-new way to play Call of Duty multiplayer. Totally new to the franchise, Face Off distills all the fun and intensity of multiplayer into a new breed of 1 vs 1 and 2 vs 2 close combat. Featuring smaller, super-concentrated multiplayer maps specially designed for FACE OFF to encourage strategy, skill, and teamwork like never before.
Face Off map Getaway
- The first "Face Off" map in Modern Warfare franchise history, what once was a tropical beach getaway boasting exotic aquariums and oversized pools is now a haven for ruthless run-and-gun violence.
Face Off map Lookout
- Carved into a combat-weary mountainside, this new "Face Off" map pits you against your opposition in a forward observation base littered in chokepoints and tight corridors.
Face Off map Erosion
- Make your way through Mediterranean ruins and ancient aqueducts, using leftover Roman masonry for thousand-year-old cover in this new "Face Off" map.
Face Off map Aground
- Head to Scotland's Orkney Islands for the latest "Face Off" map, where treacherous cliff faces, networks of caves and the rusted and ruined remains of a grounded transport ship provide for constant combat.
Multiplayer map Oasis
- Though once a picturesque escape for vacationers, the sprawling Hotel Oasis is now a Multiplayer paradise, with multiple lanes of combat built atop an ancient fortress.
Multiplayer map Sanctuary (already available to Elite subs)
- Suspended in the air one thousand feet up, you'll battle more than altitude in the towering sandstone monasteries of Central Greece. Formed over millions of years, this sanctuary's natural rock pillars have repelled invading armies and withstood the ravages of time but now they'll face your deployment. Test your skills-and the ancient monks' craftsmanship-with your arsenal of SMG's, assault rifles and shotguns. Just remember: don't look down.
Multiplayer map Foundation (already available to Elite subs)
- Journey into the heart of South Korea for a decommissioned concrete factory where the cement flows and bullets fly. After decades of constructing roads and buildings, the towering facility is now a perfectly-constructed combat zone for sniping and run-and-gun rules of engagement. Don't stand in awe of the towering concrete crusher at the center of the factory unless you want to see your kill ratio meet the same fate.
Spec Ops mission Kill Switch
- Armed with an Electromagnetic Pulse, your sniper team must neutralize a Russian carrier in this Special Ops Mission where only a bird's eye view can keep your team in command as you breach the ship from underwater.
- With one player helming a tank and the other escorting it on foot, you'll clear beaches and take cover in plane wreckage as you escape Hamburg from behind enemy lines in this all-new Special Ops Mission.