So there were rumours for a Lords of Shadow sequel, and for a new Castlevania title called Mirror of Fate. It turns out both were true.
US mag Nintendo Power has confirmed 'Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate' for 3DS. Seems like Konami couldn't decide which of the rumoured titles it wanted so it used both.
According to GoNintendo, the mag confirms Trevor Belmont as the staring character, who will fight once again with a mix of melee and projectile weapons, and light and shadow magic.
A really crappy scan of a couple of screenshots appear to reveal full 3D gameplay - which answers the most crucial question of whether or not it'll be like the 2D, Metroid-style DS games. Seemingly not, then.
Here's all the preliminary details:
- Involves Trevor Belmont.
- Fight with Trevor's version of the Combat Cross.
- Deep combat mechanics.
- Strong attacks with X.
- Wider-reaching attacks with Y.
- Grab enemies with R.
- Block and dodge with L.
- Use A for secondary weapons such as the boomerang-like glaive and electric bomb.
- Light and shadow magic return.
- Earn experience points to unlock new combos including launching foes into the air and smashing enemies down to the ground.
- Includes skeletons, axe-wielding undead and more.
Look out for the thoroughly teased proper reveal at Konami's press conference on May 31.