Microsoft has detailed this year's Summer of Arcade promotion for Xbox Live Arcade.
According to the platform holder it'll feature five back-to-back weeks of "unparalleled releases". They are Hybrid, Deadlight, Wreckateer and Dust: An Elysian Tail from publisher Microsoft Studios, and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD from Activision. Launch timing hasn't been announced, but earlier this week Xbox.com listed and then subsequently pulled a July 11 release date for Tony Hawk's.
Official descriptions of each game follow the trailer:
- Deadlight (Tequila Works/Microsoft Studios). Deadlight is a puzzle platformer, where the player must take advantage of the main character's agility to solve obstacles, and dodge zombies, manipulating the many interactive elements of the scenery. With more walking corpses than bullets, the feeling of danger is constant.
- Dust: An Elysian Tail (Humble Hearts/Microsoft Studios). As the mysterious warrior, Dust, your action-packed journey will take you from peaceful glades to snowy mountaintops and beyond. Battle dozens of enemies at once with an easy-to-learn, difficult-to-master combat system, and uncover the story of an ancient civilization on the brink of extinction as you fight to uncover your own past in a gorgeous hand-painted world.
- Hybrid (5TH Cell/5TH Cell). Hybrid is a pioneering third person shooter set in the near future, where global conflict exists between a species known as the Variant and a rebel human faction known as the Paladins. 5TH Cell strives to give players a completely new gameplay experience never seen before in the genre.
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD (Robomodo/Activision). Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD takes the best elements of the classic THPS games and gives them a fresh update to create an all new skateboarding experience. Tapping into fans' muscle memories, and combining sharp visuals with the best controls ever in a Tony Hawk game, the feel is cutting edge yet timeless.
- Wreckateer (Iron Galaxy/Microsoft Studios). Wreckateer uses Kinect to put you in control of a massive castle-wrecking ballista. With the help of Wreck and Tinker, travel the land and destroy 60 castles using six magical projectiles, and explore the infinite ways you can wreak havoc with Wreckateer's fully-dynamic destruction.